When you make tax payments at a Westpac branch or Smart ATM, you will now need to have a barcode to ensure the payment goes to the right place.
Barcodes are usually printed on Inland Revenue returns, statements or letters. You can also create a barcode on the IRD website for printing or presenting on your mobile device.
To generate a barcode go to ird.govt.nz/barcode
Other payment options
The other usual payment options are also available, including:
- myIR: Direct debit and card payments can be made securely through myIR online services.
- Online banking: Through your bank's website.
- Credit or debit card via our website: Credit or debit cards can be used to make online payments.
- Self-service phone line: Credit or debit cards can also be used to make payments via our self-service phone line 24/7.
- Automatic payments: Online or in-branch payments are not for everyone, so automatic payments might be better. It allows for two signatories, and when completed correctly is an instruction to make a regular series of payments, such as debt or arrears.
Find out more at ird.govt.nz/payelectronically